Honey, Greens & Pepper"
The "practice" of Plein Air requires a balance of spontaneity and accuracy, Learn about choosing a subject, composition, values, color temperature, simplification, how to start and when to stop. Each day will include a demonstration followed by opportunities to create multiple paintings with frequent one-on-one instruction. On site painting will be in & around picturesque historic downtown Waxahachie as well as the scenic Ellis County countryside. Waxahachie is only 30 minutes south of downtown Dallas, Texas.
The opportunity to participate in a workshop like this doesn't present itself very often. REGISTER TODAY~ this class will fill quickly. IF WORKSHOP IS FULL, PLEASE JOIN THE WAIT LIST IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION.
The total cost is $395.00. A $50 cancellation fee applies. No refunds after January 31, 2019.
Kathie Odom is proud to be from the great state of Tennessee, and especially proud to live in the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
“It’s hard to ignore beauty when it happens”, Kathie is fond of saying. So she keeps her car packed with all the painting supplies needed for the road. Kathie has received several awards over the last few years from plein air events across the nation.
Please visit Kathie's website www.kathieodom.com
"Kathie's work is as distinctive as it is down to earth. It's hard to look at Kathie's paintings without feeling that vague sense of nostalgia.
There is something that draws out a wistful feeling when you see the most mundane view captured with love and honesty. I once heard someone look at her art and say, "She makes ugly, pretty!" Although I understand what he was saying, I disagree. She doesn't turn ugly to pretty, she shows us how the simple things we overlooked were pretty all along."
~Susan Groves, Curator, Cabell Gallery, March 2018
- Olmsted Plein Air Invitational, Atlanta, GA
- Wayne Art Center's 12th Annual Plein Air Festival, Wayne, PA
- Plein Air Easton, Easton, MD
- Door County Plein Air Festival, Fish Creek, WI
- Laguna Beach Invitational, Laguna Beach, CA
- EnPleinAir Texas, San Angelo, TX
- Town and Country Show, Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, CA
- American Miniatures Show, Settlers West Galleries, Tucson, AZ
- American Impressionist Society Small Works Showcase, Cincinnati, OH
- MASTER CLASS FINALIST, Art Muse Contest, March
- Solo Show, The Cabell Gallery, Lexington, VA
- Faculty, 7th Annual Plein Air Convention, Santa Fe, NM
- BEST IN SHOW, The Olmsted Plein Air Invitational, Atlanta, GA
- JUDGES AWARD from Tim Newton, The Olmsted Plein Air Invitational, Atlanta, GA
- Oil Painters of America 27th Annual National Juried Exhibition, Steamboat Springs, CO
- Summer Show, Settlers West Galleries, Tucson, AZ
- HONORABLE MENTION, Wayne Art Center's Plein Air Festival, Wayne, PA
- Airstream Fine Art Invitational, Jackson Center, Ohio
- PAP-SE Paintout, Leiper's Creek Gallery, Franklin, TN
- The Great American West Show, Settlers West Galleries, Tucson, AZ
- Leading Member Paint Out, Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, December, CA